MC Mong takes aim at THE BOYZ in explosive livestream over allegations of agency deals

MC Mong takes aim at THE BOYZ in explosive livestream over allegations of agency deals

South Korean rapper and producer MC Mong sparked major controversy after an explosive live stream on May 18 KST, in which he spoke about ongoing scandals, legal battles and his growing conflict with K-pop group THE BOYZ.

During the live stream, MC Mong accused people linked to entertainment executive Cha Ga Won of spreading rumors about him and running a large illegal gambling ring. He also criticized THE BOYZ for their agency deal with ONE HUNDRED, the company he co-founded in 2023.

One of the broadcast’s biggest moments came when MC Mong discussed THE BOYZ joining ONE HUNDRED after leaving IST Entertainment in December 2024. He said the company offered each of the 11 members approximately ₩1.5 billion KRW ($1 billion) as a signature guarantee, which he said was three times higher than IST’s offer, Koreaboo reported.

MC Mong admitted he was shocked when disputes between the company and the group later emerged. He wondered whether some of the money should be returned after the consequences of the crisis.

His comments spread quickly online because ONE HUNDRED is already facing lawsuits and internal disputes, including embezzlement allegations tied to THE BOYZ.

MC Mong denies past scandals

The rapper also revisited his long-running military exemption controversy.

According to PopDiaries, MC Mong explained that he had already been exempted from military service due to a herniated disc and torn knee ligament before the famous tooth extraction scandal became public years ago. He said he followed a script prepared by his lawyers instead of fully explaining the situation himself at the time.

MC Mong also denied past prostitution charges linked to him. According to the rapper, the rumors were spread by Cha Ga Won’s uncle, who allegedly framed a photo of MC Mong standing in an elevator with his girlfriend and presented it as evidence involving a prostitute. MC Mong insisted that the woman in the photo was his real girlfriend.

Another serious part of the live stream focused on an alleged multi-billion dollar illegal gambling ring. MC Mong accused Cha Ga Won’s uncle’s secretary and the singer’s agency CEO Kim Ho Joong of being involved. He also hinted that a veteran actor and a well-known singer were linked to the operation, but refused to reveal their names unless he faces legal action.

MC Mong further claimed that EXO’s Baekhyun was allegedly invited to join a trip to Las Vegas linked to the gambling group and was offered ₩1 billion KRW ($668,000). So far, Baekhyun has not publicly responded to the accusation.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top