Red velvetWendy and Yeri have officially decided not to renew their contracts with SM Entertainment.

In a announcement On Friday, Sm Entertainment said that both Powerhous K-Pop have decided not to renew their exclusive contracts for solo activities under the agency. Having said that, Wendy and Yeri will continue to participate in the activities of the Red Velvet group under the support of the Agency.

This announcement comes after Yeri has triggered speculations on his future with sm Entertainment by sharing a sincere message with fans the day before. Through her messaging platform based on subscription, the singer revealed that the news about her and smeniortainment would have been announced the following morning. He noticed that the news may not be positive. He also expressed his sincere gratitude for his fans.

“Tomorrow morning, news about me and my agency will be released …” I just wanted to tell you first guys rather than showing it in an article and being surprised, so I came to you before! So what I mean is, my love for you will not change! “Yeri he wrote.

The timing aligns with the staggered renewal programs of the members of Red Velvet, while Yeri joined the group later in 2015. Irene, Joy and Seulgi have already renewed their contracts in recent years.

Yeri’s report with MS Entertainment has been subjected to control in recent months. Previously Exploded dissatisfaction With the company during the Red Velvet “Cosmic” return in the middle of 2024, citing problems such as the versions of delayed music videos and bad communication.

By adding to uncertainty, Yeri focused on solo projects outside the music. He recently completed filming for his first main role in a film entitled “Next“A mystery-horror film that will be released by the end of the year.

Meanwhile, Wendy has thrived as a soloist and radio conductor, publishing successful albums like Like water (2021) e I wish you a hell (2024).